Board Policy 4:150 – Facility Management and Expansion Programs directs the Board of Education to ensure: 1) The priority in the development of facilities is based on identified educational needs and on programs developed to meet these needs and; 2) When making decisions pertaining to design and construction of school facilities, the Board of Education will confer with members of the staff and community, the Illinois State Board of Education, and educational and architectural consultants, as it deems appropriate.
The goals for the District’s Facilities Management and Expansion Programs are:
1. Integrate facilities planning with other aspects of planning and goal-setting;
2. Base educational specifications for school buildings on identifiable learner needs;
3. Design buildings for sufficient flexibility to permit new or modified programs;
4. Design buildings for maximum potential for community use;
5. To involve the community, local school staff, available experts, and the latest in related current developments and research in building plans and specifications as appropriate;
6. Meet requirements on the accessibility of school facilities to disabled persons as specified in Illinois and federal law; and
7. Provide for low maintenance costs and energy efficiency.
Gower School District 62 practices Integrated Pest Management, a program that combines preventive techniques, non-chemical pest control methods, and the appropriate use of pesticides with a preference for products that are the least harmful to human health and the environment. Applications of pesticides are made only when deemed necessary to control a pest problem and after trying other means to control the problem. The term “pesticide” includes insecticides, herbicides, rodenticides, and fungicides. Our school district does use a third party lawn care company for fertilizer and weed-control.
We maintain a voluntary registry of parents who will be notified in the event of pesticide applications, including weed-control. By putting your name on the list, you are asking to be notified two days before an application. Please be advised, if there is an immediate threat to health or property that requires treatment before notification can be sent out, parents will receive notification as soon as possible.
To be included in this registry, please submit a written request, via email, including which school campus (Gower West, Gower Middle, or both) you would like to receive notification for, to: Brian Riegler at email@example.com